Ribbon Pakoda Recipe With Gram Flour
Ribbon Pakoda also called Ola Pakoda / Nada Thenkuzhal is one of my favourite snack. Some people call it as oatu pakoda. Today I am sharing easy ribbon pakoda recipe with gram flour the way my mom prepares. Ribbon pakoda is a crispy, tasty, ribbon like murukku variety made during diwali or for tea time snack.
To make ribbon pakoda, you need gram flour (kadalai maavu), maida and rice flour flavoured with cumin, green chilly paste and butter. You can try this easy and simple ribbon pakoda recipe with gram flour for coming Diwali 2014 and enjoy with your family.
Ingredients for Ribbon Pakoda Recipe With Gram Flour
Preparation Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 30 Mins Serves : 3
- 1 cup of kadalaimaavu (gram flour)
- 1/4 Cup of maida
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Rice Flour (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 Tsp of Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp of Ajwain
- 1 Tsp of Green Chilly Paste or 3/4 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Butter or Hot Oil
- Salt and Water as required
Method for Ribbon Pakoda Recipe With Gram Flour
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well by adding little by little water to form a smooth dough. Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- Grease the oil on the inner wall of the murukku press. Place the ribbon pakoda disc at the bottom and now add the dough to the murukku press to make ribbon pakoda.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is smoking hot, drop a small piece of dough, if it raises up immediately, then your oil is ready. Turn the heat to medium, keep a ball of dough on the murukku press, press it directly to the hot oil. Now dough falls into the hot oil.
- Fry the ribbon pakoda until it turns golden brown colour or until sizzling sound stops.
- Remove from oil, drain it in a paper towel.
- Delicious, crispy ribbon pakoda is ready to serve for evening snack or for diwali.
- Always keep your dough wet, by wrapping the bowl with wet cloth so it doesn’t get dry. If your dough got dried just sprinkle some water and knead it before you make ribbon pakoda.
- I used green chilly paste,you can also use red chilly powder for spicy taste.
- Instead of butter, add hot oil to the flour.
- Adding Cumin, ajwain and asafoetida are for easy digestion.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Tags : ribbon pakoda, ola pakoda recipe, ribbon pakoda recipe, how to make ribbon pakoda at home, ribbon pakoda recipe with gram flour, kadalai maavu ribbon pakoda, pakoda seivathu eppadi, prepare ribbon pakoda at home, diwali snack recipes, diwali savory snack, snack varieties south Indian