Garlic karasev is an easy to make savory recipe for diwali. Garlic karasev also called Poondu karasev in tamil. I saw this easy karasev recipe long back in a tamil magazine. I really love this karasev recipe as it has garlic and pepper flavour in it. This karasev is little spicy in taste, because of using ground red chilly paste, you can cut the amount of red chillies according to our spicy level. Usually Karasev is made using perforated laddle or murukku press. If you don’t have any of them, use vegetable grater instead like I did. Making karasev is very simple procedure so go ahead and try this spicy garlic karasev for diwali 2014 share it with your loved ones or you can also have this karasev for evening snack with a cup of tea.
Ingredients for Spicy Garlic Karasev Recipe
- 2.5 Cups of Gram Flour (Kadalai Maavu)
- 1 Cup of Rice Flour
- 1 Tsp of Ghee
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
- Salt as required
- Oil to deep Fry
- 6-10 Red Chilies
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp of Black pepper
Method for Spicy Garlic Kara Sev Recipe
- Sieve both the flours in a bowl. To that bowl, add asafoetida and salt.
- In a mixie, grind all the ingredients listed under “To Grind” to a paste.
- In a separate bowl, add ghee and baking soda, rub well with your fingers until you get nice foam. Add this to the flour bowl, to that add ground paste and mix well by adding little by little water to form a smooth dough. Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- You can use murukku press or perforated laddle to make kara sev. I don’t have that laddle, so I used vegetable grater.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is smoking hot, drop a small piece of dough, if it raises up immediately, then your oil is ready. Turn the heat to medium, keep a ball of dough on the grater, rub it through the holes, directly to the hot oil. Now dough falls into the hot oil in the shape of small sticks.
- Fry the karasev until it turns golden brown colour or until sizzling sound stops.
- Remove from oil, drain it in a paper towel.
- Delicious, crispy garlic karasev is ready to serve for evening snack or for diwali.
- You can do karasev either with laddle or murukku press or grater like I did.
- Always keep your dough wet, by wrapping the bowl with wet cloth so it doesn’t get dry. If your dough got dried just sprinkle some water and knead it before you make karasev.
- Wihile frying, always wipe the other side of the grater with a wet cloth, so that you get a nice shaped karasev.
- Instead of ghee, add hot oil to the flour.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Tags : karasev, karasev recipe, garlic karasev recipe, pepper karasev, how to make spicy garlic karasev recipe, easy diwali snacks, diwali snacks 2014, prepare diwalisnacks, prepare karasev recipe, deepavali snack recipes