Looking for some healthy sweet recipe for diwali, then try this easy ragi almond ladoo recipe. Ragi is called Finger millet in english. Ragi are rich in calcium, fiber and they are good for weight loss and to reduce cholesterol.
To make this ragi ladoo (pearl millet ladoo), you need some ragi flour, sugar, ghee and nuts. You can use store bought ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour to make this ladoo. You can add powdered jaggery instead of powdered sugar for sweetness. Though they don’t look appetising, they are very nutritious and healthy ladoo recipe to make for diwali 2014.
How to make Ragi Almond Ladoo Recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins Serves : 10 ladoos
Ingredients for Ragi Almond ladoo recipe
- 1 Cup of Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
- 3/4 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Milk
- 3 Tbsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/2 Tsp of Cardamom Powder
- Few Cashews to garnish.
- 7-10 Almonds
Method for Ragi Almond ladoo recipe
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast the almonds, grind it to a coarse powder.
- In the same pan, roast the ragi flour for 5 mins in a low flame. Transfer this roasted ragi flour to a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, warm ghee, milk, powdered almond powder, cardamom powder, mix well .
- Take this mixture and roll into small laddos. Garnish with cashews.
- Yummy and healthy ragi laddo are ready to serve.
- You can add powdered jaggery instead of powdered sugar.
- Follow the same recipe to make kambu ladoo (pearl millet ladoo )
- While making ladoo, make sure the mixture is warm so that it binds.
- You can use any nuts of your choice like pistachios, hazelnut, walnut etc.
- To enhance taste of this ladoo, additionally you can add sesame seeds or peanuts.
.Tags : ragi ladoo, ragi ladoo recipe, ragi almond recipe, easy ragi ladoo, how to make ragi ladoo , prepare ladoo for diwali, pearl millet ladoo recipe, millet recipe, ladoo recipe, easy diwalli sweet recipe, sweet recipe for diwali2014,