Avocado are native to Mexico, they are also called alligator pear or butter fruit in India. Avocado is a power packed fruit which consists of 20 essential nutrients. You can make lot of recipes with avocado like guacamole, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and so on. But today I am sharing Indian Bread recipe with avocado and it is called Avocado flax seed chapathi recipe.
Avocado flax seed chapathi recipe is very good to our health, as it contains flax seed powder In addition to avocado. Flax seeds has omega 3 fatty acids, which is good for heart. As both avocado and flax seeds has good fats and healthy to heart, so I call this chapathi – heart healthy paratha. Try to include this healthy avocado flax seed chapathi recipe in your diet for lunch or dinner. Serve this avocado chapathi with raita or dal or any subzi.
How to make Avocado Chapathi
Prep Time : 35 mins Cook Time : 30 mins Serves : 10-12 Chapathi
Ingredients for Avocado flax seed chapathi Recipe
- 2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tsp of Flax Seed Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tsp of Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 Tsp of Black pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- Salt and water as required
Method for Avocado flax seed chapathi Recipe
- Wash the avocado and cut into two halves and remove the seeds. Scoop out the flesh part using spoon and mash well with spoon or grind it in mixie to a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, mashed avocado, grated ginger, black pepper powder, flax seed powder, turmeric powder, cumin, salt and oil. Mix well with hand. Add water little by little and knead well. until you get smooth dough. Leave the dough to rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough into equally sized balls. Roll out each balls into round shape.
- Heat a pan, when it is hot, place the rolled chapathi, cook on both sides until it turns golden brown colour.
- Serve hot with raita or any subzi or dal of your choice.
- To get soft chapathi, add 1/4 cup of thick curd while kneading the flour.
- For spicy taste and additional flavour, add green chillies instead of black pepper powder.
- If you don’t get flax seed powder, just leave it.
- Addition of ginger and cumin for easy digestion.
Tags : avocado chapathi, avocado roti, avocado paratha, avocado flax seed chapathi, flax seed paratha, flax seed roti, chapathi recipes, roti recipes, northindianrotirecipes, butterfruitchapathi, hearthealthyindianfood,