Nellikai juice / gooseberry juice / Amla Juice is a refreshing juice good for weight loss. Regular intake of this nellika juice helps to control blood sugar level.. This gooseberry juice is good for diabetes patients. So I call this juice as Anti-diabetic juice. In nellikai juice, for sweetness, you can add sugar or jaggery or brown sugar in place of honey.
During my childhood memories, let me tell you how I eat, dipping gooseberries in red chilly powder and salt mix, is just tastes awesome. Also I enjoy the gooseberry sweet taste that dances in my tastebuds along with water. Let us learn how to make gooseberry juice at home.
Health Benefits Of Gooseberry Juice
- Rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant which helps to prevent lot of diseases.
- Helps in digestion, glowing skin, hair growth and improves eye sight.
- Improves protein metabolism.
How to make gooseberry juice / amla juice at home
Preparation Time : 10 mins Cooking time : 10 mins Serves : 2
Ingredients for nellikai juice
- 10 Gooseberries, Chopped
- 1/2 Inch of Ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp of Honey or to taste
- Water as needed
Method to make gooseberry juice
- Wash and chop the gooseberry into pieces. Remove the seed from the fruit.
- Place the chopped gooseberry pieces, ginger into blender and add little water, grind it until smooth.
- Strain the juice through strainer. Press the pulp using spoon and remove as much juice as possible.
- Add honey and salt to the juice and mix well.
- Serve gooseberry juice immediately.
Tags : gooseberry juice, amla juice recipe, nellikai juice, nellikai juice recipe, how to make goooseberry juice at home, prepare amla juice at home, make nellikai juice, juice for weight loss, juice for diabetic patients, juice recipe for party, healthy ayurvedic drink.