Matar Paneer / Paneer Peas Curry is a delicious and yummy curry of peas and a soft chunky pieces of paneer (cottage cheese) cooked in a onion tomato sauce, flavoured with aromatic spices. This paneer peas masala goes well with chapathi, naan, phulka or pulao. Try this delectable, creamy matar paneer to chapathi as it bring North Indian flavour right to your home.
- 1 Packet (200 gms) Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1 Cup of Green Peas, Boiled
- 2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp of Kasmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp of Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/2 Cup of Milk (Full Fat)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 3/4 Tsp of Cumin
- 3 Tbsp of Oil
- Salt To Taste
- 4 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Clove
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 5 Cashews
- Toast the both sides of panner by placing them in a oil coated dosa pan (Tawa) and keep it aside.
- Boil the peas in microwave or pressure cooker for 10 mins. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, onion, fry for 2 mins, add ginger, garlic, saute this for another 2 mins until raw smell vanishes, finally add tomatoes and cashews, saute this for 2 mins. Turn off the heat. Let it cool down and grind this in mixie into a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin (Jeera), after it sizzles, add ground paste and salt, fry this for 3-5 mins until oil separates.
- Now add coriander powder, kashmiri red chilly powder and garam masala, fry this for 2 mins. Add 1/2 cup of water and allow this to boil for 5 mins.
- Add boiled peas and kasuri methi, mix well with masala. Add milk and toasted paneer, cook it for 5 mins. Turn off the flame. Finally add butter and mix well.
Yummy, thick and creamy Mutter Paneer is ready to serve with roti or chapathi or naan.
- You can add fresh panner or toasted paneer or deep fried paneer to this recipe.
- Use normal red chilly powder or green chilly instead of Kashmiri chilly powder..
- You can also make this dish without onion and garlic.
- To make this dish more creamy, add 1/2 cup cream instead of milk.
Health Benefits of Peas and Paneer
- Paneer : good source of calcium, protein and it prevents stomach disorders.
- Peas : good for bones & heart, prevents constipation, strengthen the immune system