Soya Chunks Mushroom Curry | Meal Maker Kurma
It looks like non-vegetarian dish, right ? But it has a healthy meat replacement ingredients, Soya Chunks (Meal Maker) curry with mushroom. Both soya chunks and mushroom are rich in protein and very nutritious. Soya Chunks / Soy Nuggets curry is a flavorful and aromatic dish that goes well with chapathi, biryani or pulao. I am not a big fan of soya chunks but my husband loves it. So I used to make this meal maker korma once a month for him. Soya chunks are soft and succulent after cooking and the spices added here makes the soya chunks tasty and yummy. Do try this yummy soya chunks mushroom curry recipe and am sure you will love this with chapathi , biryani or kuska. Here goes the recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Servings : 2 People
12 Soya Chunks(Big)
3 Mushroom, Sliced
1 Large Red Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Medium Size Tomato, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
Salt to Taste
Water as Needed
1/4 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
1.5 Tbsp of Grated Coconut
2 Tsp of Sambar Powder
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Inch of Ginger
2 Tsp of Oil
Medium Size Cinnamon Stick
1/4 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
Few Curry Leaves
- Cook the soya chunks in boiling water with salt for 10 mins. Drain the water and rinse it in cold water for two times, squeeze the excess of water and set it aside.
- In mixie, grind all the ingredients listed under “To Grind” to a fine paste along with little water.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, curry leaves, after it splutters, add onion, fry this for 2 mins until it turns golden brown, add ground paste, fry this until raw smell vanishes.
- Add tomato, saute this until it turns soft and mushy.
- Add soya chunks, mushroom, salt and water, saute this for 2 mins, cover and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Hot, fingerlicking kurma is ready to serve with biryani or chapathi.
- You can use other veggies like potato and cauliflower in place of mushroom.
- If you don’t have sambhar powder, you can use 2 tsp of coriander powder and 1 tsp of red chilly powder.
- Use 2 medium size tomatoes for this dish, since I don’t have extra tomato, I used tomato paste.
- If you want your curry to be thick, use less water before pressure cooking.
- You can also add lemon juice at the end, if you like it more tangy.
Health Benefits of Soya Chunks and Mushroom
- They are good source of protein, iron and calcium.
- It reduces the risk of osteoporosis in women.
- It controls the LDL cholesterol in body.
- Low in calories
- High in protein and fiber.
- Good source of iron, niacin, vitamin B, C and D and anti-oxidants.
- Significant anti-bacterial activity.
- Good for immune function and cardiovascular benefits.
Tags : meal maker recipe, meal maker korma, soya chunks curry, soya chunks kurma, soya chunks korma, mushroom curry, soya chunks mushroom curry meal maker curry, meal maker indian style, soya chunks indian style, how to make meal maker kurma, how to make soya chunks kurma, side dish for khuska, side dish for chapathi and biryani