A Modak / Kozhukattai is a dumpling, which is more popular in India. Sweet aval pidi kozhukattai recipe have a special importance in the worship of Hindu God Ganesha’s Birthday. Coming to the sweet aval pidi kozhukattai recipe, I have already posted the savory version of aval kozhukattai and this is a sweet version.
To make sweet aval pidi kozhukattai recipe, I used aval, jaggery, dates, grated coconut, cardamom and nuts. If you don’t know how to make stuffed modak then you can try this easy kozhukattai recipe with Red aval and can make it in a jiffy. You can also use white aval to make this sweet pidi kozhukattai recipe.
Try this sweet aval pidi kozhukattai for vinayagar chaturthi and enjoy..
Ingredients for sweet aval pidi kozhukattai recipe
- 1 Cup of Red Aval / Sivappu Aval / Red Rice Flakes
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh / Dry Dessicated Coconut
- 3/4 Cup of Jaggery / Palm Jaggery
- 1/4 Cup of Dates
- 2 Cardamom
- 10 Roasted Cashews and Almonds
- 1.5 Cups of Water for soaking the aval
- 3/4 Cup of Water to dissolve the jaggery
- 2 Tsp of Ghee
Method for pidi kozhukattai recipe
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 mins. Remove the seeds. In a blender, add dates and little water, grind it to a smooth puree.
- Chop the nuts to afine pieces.
- Soak the aval in 1.5 cups of water for 5 mins. Drain the water, mash the aval with a spoon and keep this aside.
- Dissolve the powdered jaggery in hot water and strain for impurities.
- In a medium flame, heat this jaggery water in a pan, add the dates puree, coconut and cardamom, allow it to boil.
- When it starts boiling, add the soaked aval,mix well and turn off the flame and then add ghee and nuts, stir well. Allow it to cool down for 10 mins.
- Apply little oil in your hands, take a small portion and roll it into a desired shape like cylindrical or triangular shape or circular shape and garnish with almonds and cashews.
- For a sweet taste, you can use palm jaggery or yellow jaggery.
- Addition of dates and ghee gives a nice taste to kozhukattai.
- If you don’t want dates, add 1 cup of jaggery instead.
- You can garnish with any nuts of choice.
- You can also use this as poornam.
Health Benefits of Sivappu Aval /Red Flakes
- Red rice flakes are very good for the people with heart disease, diabetes and weight loss.
- Jaggery acts as a digestive agent, used to cleanse the body and provide a good amounts of minerals.
- Dates – Relief from intestinal disorders,good for heart, cures anemia and prevents stomach cancers.
- Cardamom improves digestion and prevents cancer.
Tags : Kozhukattai, pidi kozhukattai, pidi kozhukattai recipe, sweet aval pidi kozhukattai, how to make aval pidi kozhukattai, aval sweet kozhukattai, aval kozhukattai, kozhukattai recipe, step by step kozhukattai recipe, easy kozhukattai, Aval Recipe, Poha Recipe sweet aval pidi kozhukattai, sweet modak, vinayaga chatuthi kozhukattai Recipe, pidi kozhukattai for vinayagar chaturthi
interesting one.. I love poha .. This is light one too
Great offering to Ganesha for his blessings. Lovely shape with the almond placed in the center.
Delicious ladoos !
Lovely offering for Lord Ganesha and very healthy too…
Very healthy kozhukattais.looking great.Happy to follow you.
wow very healthy and delicious aval pidi kozhukatai 🙂 looks yummy dear !!
Such a healthy modak.. Looks cute 🙂
On going event: wtml with giveaway @priyas virundhu
Lovely Kozhukattais they look yummy ! hey I have the same steamer..hehe 🙂
Comments are closed.