This creamy and delicious tri-color Cold Pasta Salad low-fat 1000 Island Dressing is really great in taste and very filling. Here I used 1000 Island dressing, which is a salad dressing and condiment, used on sandwiches and salad. It is widely used in restaurant and diners in US. It has mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, tomato ketchup and salt in it.
Source : Wikipedia – Origin of the name 1000 Island dressing comes from thousand island between the US and Canada in St. Lawrence river. In 1000 island area, fishing guide wife, made this condiment for her husband dinner. Often in this version, actress May Irwin requested the recipe after enjoying it, that how the dressing got popular.
This low fat 1000 island dressing with pasta is creamy and a treat to your taste buds. Also it is great to pack this dish for lunch box.
Ingredients – Pasta Salad with low fat 1000 Island Dressing
- 1/2 Cup of Tri-color Pasta
- 2-3 Cups of Water
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- Salt as Needed
For 1000 Island Dressing
- 7 Tbsp of Low Fat Mayonnaise / Vegennaise
- 2 Tbsp of Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Onion
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Broccoli Florets
- 5-6 Mushrooms
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- Green Olives to garnish
Method – Pasta Salad with low fat 1000 Island Dressing
- Bring 2-3 Cups of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
- Add tri-color pasta to the water, add oil and stir gently.
- To get authentic pasta taste, boil uncovered for 10- 12 mins and stir occasionally.once it done, just drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mushroom and broccoli, saute this for 2 mins. Keep this aside.
- In a wide bowl, add all the ingredients listed under “1000 Island Dressing”give a quick stir. Now add pasta, broccoli and mushroom, toss well, make sure the pasta are well coated with dressings.
- Refrigerate it for 15 mins and serve cold with olive on top.
- You can follow the same recipe with any kind of pasta.
- You can use any vegetable like carrot, tomato and lettuce.
- If you get fresh parsley leaves, you can add it to the dressing.
Recipe Source : Epicurious
sending recipe to thisgalscooks