I’m really excited to write my 200th post. Its been 10 months since I started my blog. I’m very happy that I shared and posted almost 200 recipes. Thanks for the comments, support and appreciation as I continue traveling in my culinary journey. Thank you everyone 🙂 🙂
Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa is a traditional Punjabi dessert made with carrot, milk, ghee and sugar. This rich and colorful dessert is getting popular worldwide, also you can see this in Indian restaurant menu card. This is very quick to make dessert using microwave. You can also make this in stove top or pressure cooker. Addition of ghee and nuts makes the dessert more rich and delicious. The cardamom gives good aroma and a flavor to the dish. You can make this halwa for any special occasion. Serve this halwa with ice cream on top. Try this recipe and enjoy 🙂 🙂
- 2 Carrots, Large (1 and 1/4 Cup)
- 1 Cup of 2% Milk
- 6 Tbsp of White Sugar
- 2 -3 Tbsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- Handful of Roasted Cashew Nuts
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots, I got 1 Cup of Grated carrots. Crush the cardamom seeds in a mortar and pestle to a fine powder. Keep this aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add ghee (1 Tbsp ) and grated carrots. Microwave this for 5 mins.
- Add milk and stir well. Microwave this for another 5 mins, stirring for every 2 mins.
- Add cardamom, ghee(1Tbsp) and sugar, stir well. Microwave this for 12 mins until carrots turns soft and milk fully absorbed, stir it for every 5 mins. Carrot halwa is ready.
- Garnish it with roasted cashews or any nuts of your choice. Serve it warm or cold.
- You can use condensed milk instead of adding 2% fat milk.
- Add any nuts of choice for garnish.
- If you have unroasted cashews, roast it in ghee before you serve.
- You can also serve this halwa with ice cream on top.
- It will lasts for 2-3 days so refrigerate it in an air tight box.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- When you add sugar, the mixture turns watery so microwave till all the milk is absorbed.
Health Benefits of Carrot
- Good for the eyes.
- Prevents cancer.
- Vitamin A and antioxidant in carrot protect the skin from sun damage.
- Prevents heart disease and stroke.
- It has anti-aging property.