Vegetable Bread Roll Recipe is a delicious and healthy evening snack to eat with a cup of tea. They are easy and quick to make recipe with healthy ingredients. You can use whole wheat bread or white bread to make this dish. I have given recipe with step by step pictures. Have this veggie bread rolls with hot tomato chilli ketchup. Also it is great liking recipe both for kids and adult. You can also pack this vegetable bread roll for kids lunch box.
- 2 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- 1 Large Carrot, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Green Peas
- 4 Green Beans, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- Pinch of Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tsp of Oil To Saute The Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp of Oil / Butter / Ghee for Shallow Fry
For Vegetable Stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and curry leaves, after it splutter, add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste, fry this for 2 mins until onion soften and changes color and raw smell vanishes.
- Add carrot, peas, beans and salt, saute this for few mins and cook until vegetables turns soft.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala, fry this for few mins.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
For Bread Rolls
- Cut the brown crust of the bread, roll it slightly with a rolling pin.
- Add the stuffing in middle of the bread and then roll it and finally seal the end of the bread with few drops of bread.
- Heat oil / ghee in a pan, shallow fry the bread roll until it turns golden brown color and crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- You can deep fry the bread rolls instead of shallow frying.
- You can also bake it in oven until it turns crispy.
- Adjust the amount of red chilly powder according to your taste.
- Use any vegetables for your choice for stuffing.
- You can also have cheddar cheese slice or any cheese instead of having vegetable stuffing.
Health Benefits of Vegetables
- Vegetables are home for antioxidants.
- Vegetables are packed with soluble and insoluble fibers.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals.