Strawberries are everywhere right now !! I got strawberries from ” Pick your own fruit farm”. Strawberry frozen yogurt is simple, delicious and healthy. It requires only few ingredients and is made without cooking. I really love the gorgeous pink color and the taste is just amazing. Try this yogurt and let me know your feedback.
1.5 Cup of Strawberries
3/4 Cup of Yogurt
2 Tbsp of Sugar
2 Tbsp of Honey
1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extact
1/2 Tsp of Lemon Juice
Pinch of Salt
- Wash and slice the strawberries into pieces.
- In a blender/ mixie, add the strawberries, yogurt, sugar, honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice and salt. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the contents to an airtight container and freeze until set, ideally overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 -20 mins before serving.
- If you get Greek yogurt, add that instead of using normal yogurt.
- Use stevia or agave for sweetness instead of adding regular white sugar and honey.
- Addition of salt is to enrich the sweetness of yogurt.
Health Benefits of Strawberry
- The dietary fiber in strawberry keeps digestion regular and lowers the blood pressure.
- High in vitamin C and manganese.
- It has anti inflammatory and anticancer properties.
- Good for eyes and bone health.