Happy ” 4th of July”
We recently went for ” Pick your own fruit farm”. It was really fun to pick fresh fruits directly from the farm. There we got fruits like strawberries, cherries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. So I made this creative fruit skewers for a evening snack. This is fun and healthy snack/dessert, easy and quick to make and a nice treat to eyes. You can serve plain or drizzle with some honey or serve it with a bowl of heavy cream.
3 Whole Strawberries
6 Banana Slices
3 Cantaloupe Pieces
3 Wooden Skewers
- Wash the fruits in a cold running tap water.
- Slice the banana and cut the cantaloupe into triangle shape.
- Slide the fruits onto skewers one at a time and they are ready to go.
- An alternative is to freeze it for 2hrs and serve it with a bowl of heavy cream..
- On outdoors you can grill it in the rack of barbeque, after that drizzle it with some honey and toasted nuts.
- You can have some marshmallow in between the fruits on skewers.
Healthy Benefits of Mixed Fruits
Blueberry : High in anti-oxidants, reducing belly fat, good for digestion, heart and brain.
Strawberry : Boosts immunity, good for eye health, fight cholesterol and cancer.
Blackberry : Prevents cancer, good for skin, eye, digestion, diabetes and bones.
Banana : High in fiber, lowers the blood pressure, high in potassium, high in nutrient absorption.
Cherry : Good for arthritis and heart, prevents cancer, memory booster.
Cantaloupe : good source of vit A, beta carotene and vit C. Good for lungs health.