This hearty and comforting soup features black beans, onion, garlic, lemon juice and some Mexican seasonings. I love thick black bean soup, if you like yours thinner, feel free to add some more water. It’s raining in my place, so I make this soup with canned black beans also you can make similar soup with dried beans in slow cooker, that tastes more flavorful. Try this healthy, low fat, high in antioxidants vegetarian soup recipe that will warm up your family in less than 20 mins. If you are in diet to lose weight, this is a great recipe for you.
1 Can (15 oz) of Cooked Black Beans
1/4 Cup of Chopped Yellow Onion
1 Big Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce
1/2 Tsp of Mexican Oregano
1/2 Tsp of Goya Adobo All Purpose seasoning
1/2 Tsp of Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
1 Cup of Water or Vegetable Broth
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil or Canola Oil
1 Tsp of Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp of Sour Cream or Yogurt
5 Tortilla Chips
- Heat a pan with oil, add chopped onion and garlic, fry for a min.
- Add black beans, water, Mexican oregano, Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning, Goya sazonador total seasoning, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper, bring it to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 mins.
- Finally mash some part of black beans with masher or in blender. Check the salt. Add lime juice and mix well. Turn off the stove. Just throw the chipotle pepper before serving.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt, chopped onion and tortilla chips.
- Serve it with toasted whole wheat bread .
- Adjust the seasonings according to your taste buds.
- You can follow the same recipe with any beans like red kidney beans( rajma) or chickpeas.
- If you don’t have mexican seasoning, instead you can use cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- If you like it thinner, add some more water to desired consistency.
Health Benefits of Black Beans
- Black beans are an excellent source of the trace mineral, molybdenum, an integral part of the enzyme sulfite oxidase, which is responsible for detoxifying sulfites.
- Good for diabetes and rich in dietary fiber.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Rich in antioxidants.
i can dig in ,wonderful bowl of goodness.
always go for black bean soup when weather is cold outside.
lovely, healthy soup. Super filling with just aslice of bread.
I love the mug
healthy delicious soup…..lovely cup.
The seasonings used are so new to me..love the yummy soup with the toppings
deliciously done looks wonderful
wow delicious soup 🙂 healthy even 🙂
May be easy but it looks like the most exclusive high class soup.Loving the soup and yes to the bread slices.
yumm..love the cup too..:)
Yummy and healthy soup 🙂
Lovely cup too !!!
healthy delectable yum soup…
Healthy and delicious soup dear.
yummy healthy soup
Wow This looks yum and healthy too
The soup looks delicious. Love your soup bowl too!
healthy and yummy soup
soup looks so healthy and comforting and the bowl is so very cute. Todays post : http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/05/dhokar-dalna-snc-challenge.html
Never tasted black bean in soup. Your pictures are inviting. I love mexican dishes and waiting to try this too.
soup luks really yumm n hot..cute cup btw.
lovely soup …looks very good 🙂 love the cute little bowl too 🙂
Soup and cup looks lovely
Hi Gayathri, your comfort soup look awesome. I love the cup, so cute. Lovely presentation and nice click.
This looks delicious! I am a huge fan of black beans but have yet to make black bean soup – this looks too good to pass up. Plus the cup is just adorable. 🙂 Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays, hope to see you again this week.
I love the sound of this soup & what an ADORABLE mug! 🙂 Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!
Comments are closed.