Today I was in the mood for some fresh vegetable juice ..and scanning my fridge I found some apples, couple beetroot wedges and some carrots ..In they went into the blender and I added a pinch of sea salt and a touch of cinnamon powder, not just to spice things up, but also to keep blood sugar in check due to all the sweet veges being added. My vegetable cocktail was colorful, tasty and refreshing at the same time. By the way the concoction(ABC) I made which I thought was my accidental culinary discovery seemed to be a regular menu in most juice bars around the globe, which I later learnt as I was globe trotting …. This juice is a combination of 3 health boosting ingredients are apple, beetroot and carrot. This juice has got brilliant red color and also it is good for health. This juice is a super detoxifier to body. “Drink it in the morning”. So start your day with this delicious, filling & healthy drink..
1/2 Beetroot, Cut to small chunks
2 Carrot, Cut to small chunks
1 Apple, Cut to small chunks
< 1/4 Tsp of Salt
< 1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
2 Cups of Water
- Wash all produce in cold, running water.
- Chop into big pieces.
- Add everything in a blender or food processor, along with ground cinnamon, salt and water, blend until smooth.
- Serve Immediately.
- You can use green apple instead of Red apple for sour taste.
- You can use a tsp of honey or sugar. I didn’t add because beetroot and carrot itself has natural sugar in it.
- Adding ground cinnamon is to reduce blood sugar level.
Health Benefits of ABC Juice
- Apples are rich in Vitamin A, which may help maintain healthy skin, body tissues and teeth; Vitamin C, which may help build and repair blood vessels and ligaments; and enzymes that fight inflammation, according to the National Institutes of Health.
- Apples may also help keep the mind sharp and ward off Alzheimer’s disease. A study by the Center for Cellular Neurobiology & Neuro degeneration Research at the University of Massachusetts
- Lowell found apple juice might prevent Alzheimer’s by stopping the decline of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine.
- Beet juice is best known for helping cleanse the liver, eliminate toxins from the bloodstream and helping the body build red blood cells, according to the California Department of Health.
- Researchers at Wake Forest University have also shown that beet juice and other food high in nitric oxides can help increase blood flow to the brain, slowing dementia.
- Other studies have shown beets may help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Carrots are well known for helping vision — Vitamin A is essential for proper night vision, and the lutein in carrots may fight macular degeneration according to researcher at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Carrots are also rich in carotenoids — a photosynthesizing pigment that gives plants an orangish hue (such as sweet potatoes and autumn leaves).
- Carrots are rich in the carotenoid beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant.