Bajra Dosa / Kambu Dosa / Pearl Millet Dosa – Dosa Recipes
Bajra or Kambu is a pearl millet widely grown in India which is high in nutritional contents. Bajra/Millet are rich in protein, iron and vitamin B. There are two methods to make bajra dosa, one is by soaking whole bajra seeds, rice and urad dal to make bajra dosa batter. Other method is by combining bajra flour and dosa batter flour. I don’t get whole bajra seeds in my place. All I get is bajra flour so I have some left over dosa batter at home, so I added bajra flour to make a healthy and nutritional dosa. Here is a recipe and enjoy 🙂
1 Cup of Bajra Flour
2 and 1/4 Cups of Dosa Batter
Salt to taste
Oil and water as needed
1 Medium Size Onion, Finely grated
- In a bowl, add bajra flour, dosa batter, grated onion and salt.
- Add water little by little and mix well without forming lumps.
- Batter should not be thick but little thin in consistency.
- Heat a dosa pan or griddle, pour a ladleful of butter and spread it like dosa. Drizzle some oil over dosa or in sides. Cook both sides until it turns crisp.
- Bajra dosa is ready to serve.
- Serve this dosa with tomato chutney or Onion chutney or Green Chutney.
- You can add grated carrots and curry leaves to the batter.
- You can grind and add green chillies, if you want spicy side.
Health Benefits of Bajra
- Eating bajra provides us with disease fighting phytochemicals that lower cholesterol, antioxidants, plenty of fibre, folate, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, vitamins-E and B-complex, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. It is a gluten free grain.
- Good for diabetic patients.
- Helpful for cardiovascular health.