GOBI MANCHURIAN OR CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS – INDO-CHINESE RECIPES
Gobi manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese appetizer. It is the result of the adaptation of Chinese cooking and seasoning techniques to suit Indian tastes. In this recipe, florets are dipped in batter, deep fried and then sauted in sweet, spicy and tangy sauce. Eat this delicious mouth watering recipe with hot fried rice on a cold winter and enjoy…
1 Medium sized Cauliflower, cut into florets.
Oil to deep fry
For the Batter
1/4 Cup of Maida/ All Purpose Flour
2 and 1/2 Tbsp of Corn Flour
1 and 1/4 Tbsp of Rice Flour
1/2 Tsp of Sugar
1 Tbsp of Soya Sauce
1 Tsp of Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tbsp of Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp of Pepper
2 Tbsp of Thick Curd / Yogurt
Salt and water as needed
For the Sauce
2 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 Tbsp of Chopped Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
1/2 Inch of Ginger, Crushed
1 Green Chilly
2 Tsp of Soya Sauce
1 Tsp of Sriracha Chilli Sauce
1 and 1/2 Tbsp of Maggi Hot Chilli Sauce
1/4 Tsp of Sugar
Dash of salt and pepper
2 Tbsp of Cilantro Leaves
1 Tbsp of Oil
- Wash and place the florets in salted hot water for 10 mins and then drain and pat dry on a papre towel and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients listed under ” To the batter” to make a thick paste.
- Add all the washed florets to the bowl, keep refrigerated for 1/2 hr.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok/pan.
- Drop florets one by one into hot oil. Make sure the florets are well coated with the batter.
- In a medium flame, fry all the florets until it turns golden brown and drain on paper towel. Once after all the florets have been fried , keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed ginger-garlic and green chilies, stir fry on high for a min.
- Add white part of spring onion, red onion, green bell pepper, stir fry for 2-3 mins.
- In a medium heat, add soya sauce, sriracha chilli sauce, maggi tomato -chilli sauce, salt, pepper and sugar, mix well and cook for 2 mins. Add little water, saute well for 1-2 mins until you get thick consistency.
- Now add the deep fried cauliflower florets, toss well in high flame for a min and then switch off the flame.
- Finally garnish with chopped cilantro and green part of the spring onion.
- Best combo for gobi manchurian is fried rice or chapathi.
- Keep tooth prick in each florets and served it as an appetizer.
- You can also add vinegar, if you prefer.
- Adding coriander powder and garam masala is optional.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Rich in anti-oxidants.
- Good for better digestion and heart health.
- Rich in manganese, vitamin B, C, dietary fiber and folate.
Thank you for reading my post. Your comments and feedback is very valuable and highly appreciated. Please leave your valuable comments and feedback for this post. Thanks Gayathri.