Lo Mein Recipe means “tossed noodles”. In American Chinese restaurant, lo mein is a popular take-out food. Lo mein noodles are usually stirred with a sauce made from soy sauce and other seasonings. Certain vegetables are added to these noodles such as bok choy, green peppers, carrot and mushroom to make vegetable lo mein noodles. Try this easy chinese vegetarian lo mein dish for dinner or lunch.
- 2 Handful of Multigrain Spaghetti
- 1/4 Cup of Mushroom
- 1/4 Cup of Red Onion, Diced
- 1/4 Cup of Green Peppers, Diced
- 1/4 Cup of Spinach
- 2 Tbsp of Peas
- 1/4 Cup of Carrot, Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil or Sesame Oil
To make Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Black Bean Paste
- 1 Tsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/2 Tsp of Sugar
- Dash of Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp of Hoisin Sauce
Method for lo-mein
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Boil the spaghetti in water with a tsp of salt and oil. Wait for sometime. Once it get cooked, drain the water and rinse it with cold water to avoid stickiness.
- Heat a pan with oil, add red chilly flakes, chopped garlic and onion. Fry till onions are transparent.
- Add all the veggie’s ( Carrot, Green Bell Pepper, mushroom and spinach) Fry for 2 mins. Sprinkle some water and then cover pan with a lid so that all veggie’s get cooked.
- Then add the sauce. Mix/Toss it so that veggie’s absorbs the sauce. Let it cook for 2 mins. Turn off the stove.
- Finally add cooked spaghetti. Toss for 30 secs and let the liquid absorbs.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Ready to eat.
- Use olive oil, it gives you a nice taste.
- Try to use whole wheat or Multi grain Spaghetti , because they are rich in fiber.
- You can also add chestnuts, bok choy, green onion, bean sprouts to this recipe.
Health Benefits of Spaghetti
- Good source of vitamin A, it promotes healthy vision, skin and bone growth.
- Rich in folic acid, aids in preventing megaloblastic anemia, a serious medical condition.
- It is a good source of potassium so it supports cardiovascular health, and proper muscle function.