Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the fourth Thursday of November in the United Statesand on the second Monday of October in Canada. Thanksgiving holiday is truly a celebration of praise and thanksgiving. It is what brings families around the table for dessert after a good, Thanksgiving meal. Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or pumpkin pie for DINNER.
An apple pie is a fruit pie in which the main filling ingredient is apple. It is sometimes served with ice cream on top. Pastry is generally used both in top-and-bottom, making it a double-crust pie, the upper crust of which may be a circular shaped crust or a pastry lattice woven of strips and another circular crust at bottom. The crust along with a sweet, apple filling melting together in your mouth with a scoop of ice cream.
1 Fugi Apple
1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of White Sugar
Pinch of Cinnamon Powder
Pinch( less than 1/4 tsp ) of Salt
Pinch ( less than 1/4 tsp ) of Nutmeg Powder
3/4 Tsp of Corn Starch
2 Drops of Lemon Juice
- In a skillet, stir together the apples, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cornstarch.
- Cook covered over medium heat until apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the liquid has thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Switch off the stove and stir in the lemon juice and let it cool to room temperature, for about 10 minutes.
3/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp of Sugar
1/4 Tsp of Salt
2 Tbsp of Butter
1 and 1/2 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening
2-3 Tbsp of Ice Water, as needed
- In a bowl, add flour, sugar and salt. Add chilled butter and shortening. Rub it with your finger tips or cut the fats into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle on ice water, 2-3 tablespoons at a time, and toss with a fork. In a counter-top, turn it into a dough by using hand. Scrape it up into a ball and keep it in a ziploc bag. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on a floured work surface. Lightly spray oil in cavities of the ramekin or muffin pan. Cut the dough into a circles, using a cookie cutter.
- Gently fit the 1 circle into the ramekin. Spoon in the apple mixture in the center. Top it with few walnuts.
- For top crust, you can create a lattice top or another circular piece of crust on top. Try to seal the two crust together so when they came out of the pan it shouldn’t separate.
- Brush the top crust butter. Sprinkle granulated sugar over the top of each crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is lightly golden brown and apple mixture is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges of ramekin to loosen pies and carefully take pie out of the pan.
- If you are lazy to do pie crust at home, you can use store bought pie crust.
- Serve with ice cream on top.
- You can brush top crust either with butter or egg white.
- Adding vegetable shortening is optional.
- For delicious pie, use granny apple instead of fugi apple.
Health Benefits of Apple
- Phytonutrients in apples helps to regulate the blood sugar level.
- Rich in Vitamin B and C
- Apple Prevents Cancer and Parkinson disease.
Sending this recipe to pi day pie party