Multihued Veggie Sandwich
An easy-to-prepare comfort food, veggie sandwich is very nutritious and healthy. It’s a basic breakfast sandwich made generally with vegetables, cheese on any sort of bread. Try this sandwich with a cup of tea or coffee.
4 Whole Wheat Bread
1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup of Carrot
1/2 Cup of Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup of Peas
1/2 Cup of Mushroom ( I used Baby Portabella)
1 Chopped Tomato ( Medium Size)
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1/4 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
Dash of Salt and Pepper
3- 4 Tbsp of Sharp Chedder Cheese
1-2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise / Vegennaise
1 Tbsp of Oil or Butter
- Heat a pan with butter or oil, add onion to it and saute for 3-4 mins until they turn a soft amber color.
- Add all veggies ( carrot, green bell pepper, peas, mushroom, tomato and water) Cook for 4-5 mins until they turn soft.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and pepper. Saute well for 1-2 mins and turn off the stove.
For the sandwich build
- Apply mayonnaise or vegennaise on each side of bread.
- Place sauteed vegetables over mayonnaise on each side of bread.
- Add sharp cheddar cheese over the top of sauteed veggies.
- Assemble your sandwich by gently pressing the two slices of bread together.
- Toast the bread in skillet with lid and grill until it changes to brown colour and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Hot veggie sandwich is ready to eat.
- Serve it with a bowl of any soup or potato chips.
- Use any sort of cheese or bread of your choice.
Health Benefits of Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Veggie sandwich consists of cheddar cheese placed between two slices of bread, These are likely to increase your health benefits by adding tomatoes, onions or other vegetables, replacing white with whole grain bread and by using low-fat cheese and butter substitutes.