Parathas are traditional recipe to Northern Part of India made with vegetables, wheat flour and spices. They are very easy to make, good alternative to regular chapathi, very filling meal for dinner. Good to eat with simple onion raita as it has lot of vegetables in it.
1 and 1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 Cup of Shredded Carrot
2/3 Cup of Shredded Cabbage
1/4 Cup of Green Capsicum/Bell Pepper
2 Green or Spring Onions
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Tbsp of Dried Methi Leaves
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
3/4 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp of Cumin Powder
Pinch of Asafoetida
Pinch of Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp of Cumin
Salt, oil and water as needed
- Take a pan with oil, add cumin and wait let it crackles then add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min.
- Add white part of the green onion, asafoetida, all veggie’s(cabbage,carrot, bell pepper, green part of the onions and dried methi leaves) add one by one and fry for a 1-2mins. To that add turmeric, coriander powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Add little water, mix and fry for 1-2 mins.( Don’t add too much of water and salt). Once it done, switch off the flame.
- In a wide bowl, add wheat flour, to that add salt, oil, veggie mixture and warm water. Mix well. Knead the dough like you do for chapathi. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a tawa or chapathi pan. Meanwhile make a equally sized balls out of the dough and roll it into a circular thin roti’s
- Now cook the paratha in medium heat. When bubbles starts appearing, apply oil and flip it to the other side.Let the other side also get cooked.
- Serve it with onion raita or pickle or any subzi.
- Finely chop the vegetables for this paratha.
- Don’t add salt to veggie mixture as it makes the mixture soggy.
- Good Accompaniment for Stuffed paratha is onion raita.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice for stuffing.
- Vegetables are home for antioxidants.
- Vegetables are packed with soluble and insoluble fibers.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals.