Avocados are considered as one of the healthiest food in the planet because it consists of 25 essential nutrients. Guacamole is an avocado based sauce originated in Mexico. Grilled guacamole sandwich is one of my favourite sandwich. Every week I eat this sandwich without fail. Making guacamole sandwiches with avocado and cheese is yummy, healthy and creamy in taste. Good to eat with a cup of tea or coffee.
2 Whole Wheat Bread
4 Tbsp of Guacamole
1 Tbsp of Mayonnaise or Vegenaise
1-2 Tbsp of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter
- Apply ghee or butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Apply mayonnaise, guacamole and cheese on each side of bread.
- Heat a skillet, place a butter side of bread onto skillet. Cover skillet with lid and grill until it changes its color and flip over, continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Grilled guacamole sandwich is ready.
- Serve with hot cup of tea or coffee.
- You can see Guacamole recipe in my blog.
- Use any sort of bread or cheese of your choice.
Health Benefits of grilled guacamole sandwich
- Grilled guacamole sandwich consists of cheese placed between two slices of bread, then grilled in two tablespoons of butter. These are likely to increase your health benefits by adding guacamole, replacing white with whole grain bread and by using low-fat cheese and butter substitutes.
- Avocados are rich in folate and vitamin C.