Avocados are considered as one of the healthiest food in the planet because it consists of 25 essential nutrients. Guacamole is an avocado based sauce originated in Mexico. It is traditionally made with mashed ripe avocado and some seasonings. This simply quick recipe I got from my husband. Guacamole taste great with tortilla chips or as topping for any Mexican foods.
1 Fully Ripe Avocado
1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup of Chopped Tomato
A Dash of Garlic Powder
A Dash of Pepper Powder
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro/Coriander Leaves
4-5 Drops of Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp of Salt
|Cut avocado in lengthwise|
- Cut the avocado into two halves and remove the seed.
- Scoop the pulp with spoon.
- Place avocado in a medium size bowl and mash it with spoon or fork until moderately smooth and creamy.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Perfect guacamole is ready to eat.
- Dip your tortilla chips and enjoy.
View my video on Making of Guacamole”
- Buy avocado 2-3 days in advance of your preparation day. Most avocado you find in store are rock hard so leave them outside to soften up for few days. This is to speed up the ripening process.
- Use avocado when it is in dark green colour.
- Onions are the mainstay for this recipe.It gives distinct flavor to the guacamole.
- If you don’t have garlic powder, try with rest of the ingredients.
- If you have any unused avocado, store them with seed so that you can use it later. Other trick is adding lime juice which prevents avocado from oxidation.
Health Benefits of Avocado
- Inhibits the growth of cancer.
- Rich in folate and vitamin C
- High in beta-sitosterol, a compound helps to lower cholesterol level.