Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Salad is a simple dish made from boiled potatoes. This is a popular dish in United States and Europe but the version of making potato salad vary from place to place across the world. Many people in the US love to eat their potato salad as a side dish with barbecue’s, baked beans and cold sandwiches in outdoors and picnics. My husband taught me this recipe. I love to eat this salad with cold sandwiches.
1 Gold potatoes
1/4 Cup of Chopped Onion
1/4 cup Chopped Celery
1Tbsp of Mayonnaise
1-2 Tbsp of Thick Yogurt
1 Tsp of Yellow Mustard
1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp of Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- There are two steps by which you can boil the potatoes
- Take a bowl to that add potato, salt, garlic powder and water. Keep the bowl in microwave for 5 mins and keep it aside (or)
- Place potato into a large pan and add water, salt and couple cloves of garlic and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl stir in chopped onion, celery, mayonnaise or yogurt, sugar or sweet relish, salt, chilly powder/cayenne pepper, black pepper and yellow mustard. Mix well and now add the boiled potatoes and toss well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add scrambled eggs if you want.
- If you don’t have mayonnaise, you can add more yogurt to it.
- Serve it with cold sandwiches.
Health Benefits of Potatoes
- Potatoes are high in fibers.
- They are good for brain Function and easy digestion.