Vermicelli upma is a simple, tasty and nutritious breakfast recipe. Bambino vermicelli is full of bright vegetables which makes it a feast for the eyes.
1 Cup of Vermicilli/Semiyaa
1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Onion
2 or 3 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
1/2inch of Finely Chopped Ginger
1 Bay Leaf
Handful of Curry Leaves
Handful of Mint
1 tsp of Turmeric
1/4 cup of ChoppedCarrot
1/4 cup of Peas
1 Chopped Tomato
Few Sprigs of Cilantro
1 cup of Coconut Milk
1 cup of Water
2 Tbsp of Oil
Salt as needed
- Roast the vermicelli with a tsp of ghee in medium flame,evenly with out changing its colour(if it raosted vermicelli),you can also skip this part.
- Heat a pan with oil and temper it with clove, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf.
- Add chopped onion fry till onion turns golden colour. Now add turmeric to it.
- Add Chopped chillies, ginger, mint and cilantro.saute it well
- Now add the chopped carrot, peas and tomato.Leave it for few mins in medium flame.
- Add the coconut milk and water, bring to boil, add required salt.
- Then add the roasted vermicelli.Stir it nicely.
- Let it boil till it absorbs all the coconut milk and then keep the flame in low and cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Ratio of Vermicilli and Water is 1:2
- Coconut Milk gives richness to your dish.You can use water instead of Coconut milk
- If you like more masala in your recipe add some garam masala powder to it.
Health Benefits Of Vermicilli
- Vermicelli is very good for our health. It is good in taste and it is liked by almost every people.
- It has high carb content which contains complex carbohydrates in the form of starch which gives us energy