LEMON RICE RECIPE / LIME RICE
Lemon Rice is a South Indian Recipe that can be done in matter of minutes.You can also make it with leftover rice. Also you could get this as Prasadam in Temples.
This tangy rice prepared with lemon juice refreshes the palate.Lemon rice is very easy to prepare.But the proportion of lime juice to salt has to be perfect for great tasting rice.
2 cup cooked Basmati rice
2 tbs cooking oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp bengal gram
1 pinch of asafoetida
6 curry leaves
2 slit green chilly
1 slit red chillies
1tbs grated ginger
1/2 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
1 tsp turmeric powder
Juice of 2 medium-sized lemons
Salt to taste
cilantro – few sprigs
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram, curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida .
- Fry till the spluttering gets over and add the ginger, green chilly and peanuts. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and turn off the fire.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the rice and salt to taste and mix well.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve it with a potato fry.
Serves: 2 people
Health Benefits of Lemon
- Lemon being a citrus fruit, fights against infection.
- Lemon is an antioxidant
- Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good cholesterol) .
- Lemon is found to be anti-carcinogenic.
- Lemon juice is said to give a glow to the skin.